- HOW IT WORKS: Our patented two-way humidity controlled Boveda packs compensate the atmosphere inside your musical instrument. When water vapor is needed, Boveda releases the cleanest and most purified humidity. When there is too much moisture in your musical instrument, Boveda absorbs the excess. Boveda requires zero maintenance, your instrument will always be protected. Wide fluctuations in humidity will cause the wood to expand or shrink, and degrades its performance abilities.
- IDEAL HUMIDITY FOR WOODEN INSTRUMENTS: Most experts and instrument manufacturers agree that an ideal relative humidity range of 45-50% is best for storing instruments. Stop risking your instrument by adding water or other solutions. Only Boveda?™s patented 2-way humidity control adds or removes moisture as conditions require to maintain the ideal humidity level in your instrument case. Boveda helps you protect your sound with the right relative humidity control with any wooden instrument!
- EFFORTLESS PROTECTION: Nearly all guitars and other musical instruments made from wood are built in an environment where humidity is closely controlled and monitored. Wood is susceptible to warping that can alter the tone and timbre of the instrument, or even worse, cause it to crack during the manufacturing process. Protect your instruments against warping, cracks, and other damage cause by lack of humidification.
- RESTORE & MAINTAIN: Boveda is the most effective way to properly store musical instruments anywhere. Simply place the Boveda packet in your acoustic guitar, electric guitar, violin, viola mandolin, ukuleles, cello, basses, clarinets, or other wood instrument Boveda helps you protect your sound with the right relative humidity control.
- ABOUT US: Boveda devoted the past 23 years to the science of two-way humidity control, we know you will benefit from our commitment to precision. Becoming the global leader in any category does not happen overnight, but Boveda did this and continues to do so since 1997. Today, that persistence looks like millions of two-way humidity control packets getting shipped out each year to protect your finest cigars and tobacco related products.
model number: B84-08-10P
Part Number: B84-08-10P
Details: No more split, cracked or warped reeds! Store woodwind reeds in a moisture-controlled environment with Boveda to better their performance and make them last longer. Adding water to sponges and paper towels gives mixed results?”and it?™s a hassle. As moisture spikes and nosedives, it can damage delicate reeds. Here?™s the easy, precise and patented way to balance moisture in reeds for bass clarinets, clarinets and saxophones. Just slip Boveda in with reeds then close the reed case or bag. Boveda automatically adds and/or absorbs moisture as needed to achieve and maintain a constant relative humidity (RH) level. Uses only pure water and natural salts sealed inside a leakproof membrane. Choose 84% RH for day-of performances; 72% RH for day-to-day reed storage; 62% RH for mid- to long-term reed storage of more than a week. (The higher the RH, the less wetting is required.) Provides humidity control for 2 to 6 months based on the reed case, time of year and climate. A simple touch test will let you know when it?™s time to replace Boveda?”it will feel crunchy and rigid. Arrives factory sealed in a RESEALABLE high-barrier plastic bag. Keep the zipper closed and you can expect these unwrapped Boveda to stay fresh for up to 2 years before you're ready to put them to use Note: Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same container. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
Package Dimensions: 5.8 x 4.6 x 0.6 inches
Languages: German, English